Since its foundation, Huamei School has attracted plenty of overseas students to study English and Chinese. With the swift economic development and rise of China in the world political arena, there has been a sharp increase in the desire to learn Chinese. In order to meet the needs of international students to learn Chinese language and understand Chinese culture while maintaining and proceeding with their English, the primary school set up two international classes in 2004 and the secondary school began this program one year later.
It is positioned as the bridge program to prepare international students with no or little foundation in the Chinese language to study in the mainstream Chinese classes. It provides tailor-made Chinese, English and math curricula to students of varied levels, experiential subject classes and selective interest development courses. To our satisfaction, many students without any understanding of Chinese at the beginning become able to adequately communicate in Chinese after one year of study. In the meantime, their English and math, the other two core courses enable them to keep up their level-appropriate academic progress. Thus, more and more international students and their parents show great interest in this program.
Each fall semester, any international child is welcome to join Huamei international classes.
1. Develop students’ excellence and skill. Nurture students’ health, elegance, knowledge and unique personalities.
2. Improve students' Chinese listening, speaking, reading and writing skills while maintaining their English priority so as to develop their Chinese and English skills simultaneously.
3. Improve students’ level-appropriate math skills.
1. Core courses: level-appropriate Chinese, English and math courses;
2. Experiential subject courses: age-appropriate subject classes auditing;
3. Chinese culture course and field trips;
4. Skill-based courses: computer, PE, music, painting and etc.
5. Elective courses: varied sports and arts interest development programs.
Faculty and Staff:
The Team is composed of professional teachers of the Chinese language, native English-speaking English/GIA teachers and experienced Chinese English teachers, teachers of other subjects, and care-taking teachers.
Candidate students: all healthy children ready and eager to study Chinese in China
- Primary International Class recruits international students aged from 9-12;
- Secondary International Class recruits international students aged from 13 to 16.